Integrity Molded Plastics LLC
270 Parkade Court
Peachtree City, GA 30269
Process Engineer – Job description
Process Engineer (Thick Wall Molding). This position is in Peachtree City, GA and offers a competitive salary and benefits. Please see a detailed job description below.
- The Process Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing process, product and equipment improvements in the plant.
- A background with Plastic Injection Molding or Thick Wall Molding is required.
- A background with Paulson’s training is a plus.
- Interacts with operators, engineers, management, maintenance, and customers.
- This position is responsible to develop and maintain robust systems related to plant wide optimization of cycle efficiencies (long cycle times) and job changes.
- Provide technical expertise for all Engineering and molding operations.
- Provide process improvements through evaluating opportunities inside and outside the organization. Provide focused attention to the quality of the products and processes of company’s business, and ensure the safe, efficient and responsive operation of manufacturing operations.
- Challenges of this position include the difficulty of implementing standardized processes and disciplines into an existing culture, the use of process optimization techniques and improvement of processing methods for the manufacturing operation.
- The Process Engineer will have a functional responsibility to implement major projects and product or process changes driven by Engineering, and also assist with new product development assigned to the plant.
- The Process Engineer interacts on a continuing basis with Plant Management and will foster open and accurate communication of information between the plant and all levels of the organization.
- Provide ongoing technical support to plant operations to insure safety, productivity, quality and delivery performance for the plant
- Develop and maintain plant wide systems to manage long cycle times (5 minutes cycle times) minimize changeover time (SMED) and minimize unscheduled downtime.
- Product and process improvement of existing operations.
- Assisting plant production and quality assurance in maintaining processes and maximizing machine performance, safety and quality.
- Assist Plant Management with the investigation and implementation of advances in tooling, molds and equipment.
- Assist in new product specifications and product refinements; implementation of new product specifications and supplier specification changes.
- Assist in component evaluation for new products and new product testing.
- Establish new process refinements/process controls
- Develop standard operating procedures for molding machines and related equipment
- Provide sales with technical support as needed
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the Plastics Industry.
- The position requires extensive knowledge of the molding process, molding equipment and mold tooling. Experience is required in handling multiple projects, simultaneously.